geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <g...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Servlet and JSP engine
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:14:58 GMT

Vikram,

have a look at
   http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/WebContainer

where I have described the approach that we are taking.

The actual implementation of the web container will be tomcat and/or
jetty - but I would like geronimo to wrap those implementations
sufficiently so that you cannot tell which.   Thus for 99% of configuration
and management, it will be geronimo that you are dealing with.

The Abstract Web container classes have been created, but are a
little empty at the moment... we have been waiting for the component/container
model to stabalize.  Hopefully there will be some more progress this week.

cheers

--
  * Greg Wilkins