geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: FW: Use of "Geronimo" as a project name
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:19:10 GMT
Guys,

'Geronimo', according to a quick google, is simply spanish for 'Jerome'
and was a soubriquet given, probably by Mexican soldiers, to a
particularly admirable Apache called 'Goyathlay'.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=jerome+geronimo&btnG=Google+Search

Since it is not a native American name and already in widespread use, I
really don't see anyone reasonable being offended by our adoption of the
name.

Jules

--
 * Jules Gosnell