geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [moving-code] org.apache.management.j2ee.* back to core
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:49:17 GMT

We have been discussing this for a bit in the JSR77 threads.

While these classes are not part of the spec API, they are definitely
part of the spec.  They are implementations of the object models
defined in the spec.

They have been put into the spec module so that we realize that they
cannot be changed simply for our own purposes and that their APIs are
defined by JSR77.

If we had them in the core module, then it would be easy for somebody
to change the APIs for whatever reason and not realize that they are
breaking the object models of the spec.

So I don't think they should be moved back.  What is the problem
having them in the spec module under org.apache.management.j2ee ?
(or as you suggest org.apache.geronimo.management.j2ee).

Note the package was picked as it was shadowing javax.management.j2ee

But I don't really care about the package name - just that the classes
themselves are considered part of the spec.

cheers