geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [clustering] automatic partitoning, state bucketing, etc... (long)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:33:37 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

>>From: Jules Gosnell [mailto:jules@coredevelopers.net]
>>I'm trying to avoid writing my own LB, but to come up with something
>>that can work with mod_jk[2]. This constrains me more than you.
>>

>I want something that works without mod_jk[2] at all - for example, where
>the LB is a BigIP or Cisco 11500.

Agreed,

LB integrations should be yet another pluggable policy. The Jetty
distributable session manager currently has this, but I've only
implemented the one policy - for mod_jk...

I know a little about Big-IP, but not the Cisco products.

I'll look into it.

Ideally we really need at least one of these to work against. What do
youu think the chances of approaching F5 and Cisco for a freebie/loan
would be...

GregW knows people at Cisco...

Jules

--