geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel S. Haischt">
Subject Re: Is a mailing list the best option ?
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:39:52 GMT
just a quick note:

it would be possible to configure innd to accept
email messages from the mailing list and to send
news messages to the mailing list.

beside that there is an option which does not require
any configuration at all. just go to ...

they are offering a service similar to the one
described above, which enables one to to read/post
messages to this list via a news reader.

you have to ask them to add geronimo-dev to the group

  -> gmane.comp.apache.incubator.geronimo-dev

daniel s. haischt

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> If you look at, you'll see that there was an
> experiment to use Jive forums at one point (when it was Open Source),
> because they can be tied into the mailing list system.  There may also be a
> news interface.  Some of that is under discussion.  The key issue is tying
> into the mailing list as the core mechanism.  NNTP allows that, as did Jive.
> I have not yet looked at Meinds, which is a descendent of the original Open
> Source Jive.
> 	--- Noel
> P.S.  Please change your e-mail client to post only plain text e-mail, not
> HTML e-mail.

View raw message