geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo needs a tracking system
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:27:29 GMT
Greg,

> I have no problem with using an issue tracker and think that we
> definitely
> should have one.
>
> I just don't think that it will help too much with the problem at hand
> now... which is getting lots of patches into a very dynamic system with
> a few task loaded committers.

Perhaps what Geronimo perhaps needs is a few Apache old hands with spare
bandwidth and the willingness to apply patches.  People who whould not
in any other sense alter the voting dynamics of the original list of
committers.  I say this because you should be careful about otherwise
rushing people in inside of the usual six months of quality patches
preceeding nomination (not application) for committership.  Geronimo is
very young and should be careful about rushing people in to help at this
stage.

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...