geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [build] Dependency management
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:04:59 GMT

Jason Dillon wrote:

>> Which is what you want if you have on-the-bleeding-edge dependencies.
>

> Not all dependencies have SNAPSHOT releases.

That's understood.  Just keep in mind that if you have jar files that
are being updated frequently, you really should be marking them up as
snapshots, otherwise you will end up inconsitencies in the builds as
soon as you start breaking the system into manageble chunks.  My
experience has been that its much easier to put in place SNAPSHOT at the
beginning.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell