geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <>
Subject Re: Geronimo needs a tracking system
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:32:04 GMT

I actually think that a tracking system at this stage would not help
much.  Too many things don't work and many patches will be outdated
before they ever get applied.

I think we actually need a few more committers on the project.  This
would both reduce the number of PATCHes generated and increase the
number of people to handle them

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Geronimo needs a issue/defect/bug/request tracking system ASAP so that
> we can manage all of the patches which are coming in.
> There was a comment that scarab was coming to apache soon.  If this is
> true, how soon is soon?
> Also, some people have suggested that we use JIRA.  Personally I do not
> care which one we use, though I have had some problems getting
> information out of JIRA (but I think that could be a bug with Apple
> Safari's handling of cookies).  I have reservations about using Bugzilla
> and would prefer that we use a more user-friendly system.
> Can we push to have this resolved ASAP.  Having a real tracking system
> will help developers manage all of the incoming issues/bugs/patches much
> more effectively.
> How do we go about getting a tracking system setup?
> --jason

View raw message