geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [JSR77] Workplan proposal
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:58:56 GMT

I've been doing the JSR77 committing, but I'm not sure if I'm
going to take the responsibility of managing the jsr77 implementation.

I have only really been doing it so I can get it to the stage that
I can work on the AbstractWebContainer components.

Gianny and Maas have been making some good contributions and we
are slowly moving the component model towards JSR77.  Jason has
been improving the structure in CVS so it is clearer what parts
are from the spec etc.

The next steps are to get the container model more jsr77 compliant
and to start working out the event and notification mechanism (and
if we will use these internally or are they just for external
management etc.)   This issues need to be sorted at the architecture
level and relate strongly to the whole JMX as backplane debate.

Thus we need to progress on two fronts - tactically we need to
continue changing code to be JSR77 compliant where we can do it
and not break anything.  Strategically we need to get an idea of
how the whole MBean, notification, container stuff is going to
come together.  This is being debated in other threads, which
we need to contribute to.

cheers