geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [JSR77] Workplan proposal
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:50:37 GMT

JSR77 is a bit strange.

It specifies object models, but without saying that they are actual
classes and definitely not saying what package they are in.

So org.apache.geronimo.common.StateManageable is an implementation
of one of the JSR77 state models - but we can't put it in javax.management
as they have not said what package to use and we can't add classes
to a javax package.

Thus I think we should put the classes that implement the JSR77 object
models into the spec module.  But pick our own suitable package
name for them.  I think org.apache.management.j2ee is what we
should use.