geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Hellwig <bsdr...@Sun.COM>
Subject [Geronimo Newbie] Need some getting started info
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:30:58 GMT
Hi there,

I'm fairly new to this project. I have checked out the project,
browsed/read the corresponding website/wikki/other info/mailing list,
but was unable to find any pointer to 'what to do after executing all
the maven related tasks which are described in the readme file located
in the root project dir'.

What I actually want to know is this:

I have a servlet which uses some basic jms stuff (just making use of a
queue connection/ -factory). I always test my app server installations
by deploying this servlet. Can someone please explain to me how to
deploy this war file in the running app server instance after I have
executed maven run (which I assume is the command to start up the app
server). I also need some info on how to configure the jms resources.

Are there any Geronimo related 'Getting Started Documents', like deploy
your first hello world web app or do I have to take a look at the
documentation of the projects being incorporated into Geronimo (like in
my case documentation about Tomcat or Jetty for the web container,
OpenJMS for the JMS)? Thanks in advanced.

gr,

--Robert