geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: web admin console (was Re: WebServices & UI team)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:54:44 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> There's already a pretty good JMX based web administration console inside Tomcat...
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/admin/

or

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/admin/
(Tomcat 5.0).

> Its currently using JSP & Struts and looks pretty easy to extend. Maybe that should
serve as a base to manage all of Geronimo as well as Tomcat/Jetty? It also looks like it shouldn't
be too hard to add some nice custom pages to make management easier - just generating stuff
from straight JMX can often lead to a clumsy management console - this would allow us to make
it pretty neat.

> It seems silly to reinvent the wheel when this existing web application already does
most things we need. (I've added this item to the todo list).