geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <>
Subject Re: [JSR-77]
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:28:50 GMT

I have patched the Component and State classes so that they at
least conform to the JSR-77 state model.

There has been a patch submitted to add the StateManeable interface
to the code and I'm looking at that now.

Unfortunately other than the simple state stuff, I have not had
time to look at the rest of the JSR77 object model in detail, but
as I think our Container interface also needs some improvements, I
see no reason why not to be inspired by the JSR77 Object Model.

These may not end up being exactly the JSR77 MBean - but at least
if they are not, the mapping will be trivial.

Sean Hamblett wrote:
> I have seen a lot of messages on JSR-88, but haven't seen any recent messages
> on JSR-77.  I was reading the JSR-77 spec, and it seems to be based on the
> concept of Managed Object, and has an extensive object model, that I am
> having a hard time correlating to the existing codebase.  Is there an
> organized effort or plan to adopt the J2EE Managed Object Model, or has this
> topic not really come up on the radar yet?  I would like to participate in
> bringing it to life, but I would like a concensus on a direction/plan to
> start implementing this.  If anyone has been working on it, I would like to
> get some feedback on what should be implemented (all or parts), and an a
> tasklist for what is left to do.
> thanks,
> Sean

Greg Wilkins<>             Phone/fax: +44 7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.

View raw message