geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Mahieu <m...@twistedbanana.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Suggested coding convention: sort methods
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:12:53 GMT
The real can of worms is opened when developers start reformatting code
with Pretty Printers or IDEs and then try to get their patches applied;
everything is suddenly out of sync with what's in CVS.  Even
automatically enforcing the style as it gets checked in doesn't really
avoid that one.

I'm sure I could find some earlier, er, 'discussions' about this in the
archives of other mailing lists for everyone's amusement ;-)

For what it's worth, I'm +1 on the general idea though.

Mark