geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Mahieu <m...@twistedbanana.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Arghhh...Build Error...still
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:56:37 GMT
Weston M. Price wrote:

>	I agree with what you are saying in principle, however, one can't immediately
>conclude that it is indeed a setup problem. In my case, I have never seen
>this error message before. Believe me, I did some research on the Web and
>found nothing directly on point.
>	I suppose you could say that by the token no-one else seems to have this
>problem it is something peculiar to my setup, but I don't believe that this
>should require me to go post something on Wiki, hoping someone will see it
>and offer some help as to how to resolve the problem; I think that this would
>remove one of the most direct routes in getting help from the group in a
>timely manner. Perhaps we could have another mailing list only relating to
>build and configuration issues and post solutions and suggestions from that
>list to Wiki. Further, these results could then go into the FAQ at some
>point. What do you think?
>
>Regards,
>
>Weston

I think what Alex is asking is that we document solutions to these
issues on the Wiki *once* they've been resolved (assuming it's not just
a peculiarity with your system) *not* that we don't ask for help on the
mailing list at all (correct me if I'm wrong Alex).

If, for example, it turns out to be simply that a RC1 snapshot of Maven
doesn't work but beta 10 does, the Wiki is a good place to make a note
of that.

Mark