geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Mahieu <m...@twistedbanana.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Arghhh...Build Error...still
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:13:54 GMT
Weston M. Price wrote:

>Could you point me in the direction as to how to do this. I am new to Maven..
>
>Weston

Sure.  What I'm suggesting is that first of all you make absolutely sure that Maven is being
run with the JDK you think it is, because Maven is telling you it isn't.

So...

>From your Maven installation directory, open bin/maven in an editor.  About 25 lines from
the end you should see a line which reads:

MAIN_CLASS=com.werken.forehead.Forehead

Immediately before that, add the following three lines:

echo "JAVA_HOME is $JAVA_HOME"
echo "JAVACMD is $JAVACMD"
echo "TOOLS_JAR is $TOOLS_JAR"

then save it and try executing maven again.

If everything is set up correctly, you should then see:

JAVA_HOME is <WHAT YOU THINK JAVA_HOME SHOULD BE>
JAVACMD is <WHAT YOU THINK JAVA_HOME SHOULD BE>/bin/java
TOOLS_JAR is <WHAT YOU THINK JAVA_HOME SHOULD BE>/lib/tools.jar

I'm suspecting you'll see something else though.  Let us know...

Mark