geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Wohlfeil <cr...@darklighter.com>
Subject Re: RES: Virtual hosting and different components
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:12:19 GMT
I don't think that there is anything wrong with having a
platform-specific descriptor where the spec allows. You can still deploy
the same EAR file on multiple platforms. For instance I am doing this
now with WebLogic and WebSphere. WebLogic pays attention to
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml and WebSphere pays attention to ibm-yadayada.xmi.
It doesn't matter that both files exist.