geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek_laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: [cvs] how to get the code (was Re: [Ldapd-devel] LDAP Support in Geronimo)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:12:00 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 09:03  am, James deGraft-Johnson wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> How do I get the existing code base from CVS?
>

> http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/cvs-usage.html
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
>
> I don't know tortoise-cvs though the following should work from the
> command line...
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> password: anoncvs

Hi,

It doesn't pertain to Geronimo per se, but I'm wondering why every docs
about cvs (at least at Apache site) doesn't mention that the password
may be specified on the command line ? Whouldn't it be simpler as the
following cvs login command doesn't ask for the password, thus one
doesn't need to type in the password over and over again ?

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login

Unless I'm mistaken, performing the following command is quite enough to
check out the sources (no need to cvs login):

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic -q
checkout incubator-geronimo

> James

-Jacek