geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:02:20 GMT
Alex Blewitt wrote:

> It came to my attention in the org.apache.geronimo.cache package that a
> number of these things have been implemented already by the
> org.apache.excalibur.cache package. Perhaps someone with CVS access
> could put a comment in to potentially refactor these two together at a
> later stage?

It would probably be worth it.  Also the Excalibur "Store" includes another
cache implementation....

To further cloud the picture, I believe that there might be a Jakarta
Commons Cache implementation.

A best of breed would be a good thing.  Probably should evaluate it based
on the good points of each implementation and start with whatever is closest
to where we want to end up.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin