geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Reflection Bad, OO and direct Method invocation Good...
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:38:00 GMT

Even if we are able to support two or more EJB containers, I would
never recommend using different ones for development and deployment.
That, as you say, is just asking for inconsistencies to cause grief.

But some users may choose to give up the benefits of the dynamics
during development for a compiled container - because either they
really want/need every nano seconds of latency reduced or because
their culture is opposed to dynamics on production machines.

If there are really several diametrically opposed ways of doing
EJBs - then it would be great if geronimo could support them all.
But then I have little idea of the amount of work required to
come up with AbstractEJBContainer.

cheers