geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:14:47 GMT
I'm no expert in JMX, but I believe that OpenEJB could easily be adapted to
become a service (MBean) which could than seamlessly plug into any JMX system,
not just Geronimo. Provided that the EJB facilities in Geronimo work as
services, the architecture would already be in place if OpenEJB was to become
more up to date.  The current thinking now, however, is to create a new
container system based on an architecture that more closely related to what
JBoss did - Dain can speek more on this topic. I haven't seen it yet, so I'll
reserve judgment until I do, but I think starting fresh with good ideas from
both JBoss and OpenEJB development communities is a good way to go.  Both
architectures had advantages. It would be nice if we created something that
leverages all that we know about EJB container systems.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)