geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: OpenJMS and EJB MDBs
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:08:05 GMT
Actually, I think all you need to do is to build a MDB container that supports J2EE
Connector Architecture 1.5 facilities for asynchronous messaging. If you build it
right, the MDB container would be capable of supporting any JMS implementation that
properly implemented J2CA 1.5. Not just JMS, you can support any async messaging
system like SMTP, SOAP, and what have you.

OpenJMS works and is available, so if those folks build a J2CA 1.5 adapter, then we
could just plug them into Geronimo and have support for JMS-based MDBs.  I would
also, as mentioned before, like to do the same or something similar with an e-mail
system ... like James.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)