geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject OpenJMS and EJB MDBs
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:21:49 GMT
A couple years ago I attempted to use OpenJMS to create a MDB container
system for OpenEJB.  I couldn't do it because OpenJMS at that time did not
support JTA resource API - this predates J2EE Connectors 1.5.  Does OpenJMS
support this now? Specifically can it act as a 2pc resource?  If so, than
perhaps the best approach to building a MDB container is to create a J2EE
Connector for OpenJMS. That would allow it to be totally plugable rather
than tightly coupled - I figure that's the way we would go anyway, but I
wanted to raise the issue of OpenJMS not supporting (in the past) 2pc.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)