geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "John C. Dale" <...@downinthedesert.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic proxies
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 05:45:56 GMT
This is true for the most part.  Once you manage to figure out how it
works, it really isn't that difficult to manage.  The difficulty becomes
when you use common classes that span multiple ear files that are
deployed to the same instance.  If you are actively developing and need
to redeploy the common classes, then you have to rebuild each ear that
is deployed - the loaders aren't isolated to the extent that each can
have a different version of the same class.  It (JBoss) craps-out with a
meaningless error message when this occurs.

JCD