geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject [JavaMail] Re: Geronimo standard Sun-API jars
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:47:19 GMT
> I'm currently working on a belief that J2EE implies usage of standard
> Sun
> specs. ie) it says use JavaMail rather than have a mail option. Will
> read
> through the J2EE spec more to be able to put a better input in.

I don't think it mandates the use of JavaMail for everything. However,
it does mandate that the JavaMail APIs be available to programs.

So we could use another implementation but provide a JavaMail API for
it in order to work. How we could do that with the issues re: Sessions
is a bit more problematic.

Alex.