geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: [maven] build changes and the latest website
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:41:40 GMT

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 06:57  pm, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, James Strachan wrote:
>> So if anyone has any neat ideas for adding recursively a large
>> directory of code which is approx 40Mb of text in quite nested
>> directories, overriding any merge conflicts etc I"m all ears. Some
>> shell script or something to do things one directory at a time or
>> something?
> 	Would it be better to use a script so that when an update to the
> web site source is checked in, the web site content is rebuilt and
> redeployed automatically?

Thats already there AFAIK.

Just checking the generated website into CVS is a PITA right now and
any script to help do that would be most useful :)

> I can provide scripts and loginfo entries we
> use to do this for DocBook, and it should be just as easy to do with
> Maven, so long as there's some machine on the Apache side with free
> capacity to run the website build on.

Automating the generation of the website would be very cool too. For
now just generating it at the official incubator location (i.e. putting
all 40Mb of it into CVS) is my main concern.

View raw message