geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject [testing] Test against a running server
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:10:03 GMT
How do we plan on testing against a running server?

I just wrote a test which deploys a set of dependent services and test
the state transitions as I stop and restart the services.  The problem
is I need a server running to deploy the service.  Do we have a plan
for dealing with this?  Are we going to use the JBoss model of "start a
server first"?

This also became a bigger problem, because all tests must pass for the
server build to complete, so we end up with a major chicken and egg
problem.  I have disabled all of my deployment test for now.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network