geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: SVN?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:02:44 GMT
We experimented briefly with SVN a month or so ago and decided it
wasn't ready for production use yet:

1) None of the servers we were willing to certify for production met
its requirements for up-to-dateness of packages (it takes a lot of
brand new, with particular patches, packages).

2) Database corrupts far too often. It is an "easy to fix" corruption,
and they include the tool to do it, but... no thank you.

Other than that it worked nicely.

-Brian