geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [Build] Where to put resources?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:27:00 GMT
On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 10:52 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Agreed, in general try to keep these guys separated.

I'm assuming that you mean 'conf' versus 'java' files.

I'm a bit reluctant to do this, because it isn't a configuration file.
It's a defaults file for the JavaMail implementation. It's not supposed
to be user editable.

It basically has the same features as the i18n resources do for Java
classes -- it's used by the class, but not something that's supposed to
be user editable. Would you put the i18n classes in a 'conf' directory?
Not really.

I'd prefer it if there were a 'resources' instead, to explicitly make
clear that they are resources, not configuration files.

Alex.