geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject XMLBeans, a quick comment
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:49:16 GMT
Just looked at the generated sources and it does not appear that
XMLBeans generated bits are intended to function in a non-XML
environment.  For example, if someone wanted to construct a bean just
using APIs it looks like they may have to put in some dummy XML fluff,
which is sorta silly IMO.  But I have not really played with it that
much, so this could just be an assumption.

I would like to see that we eventually use a common tool for xml
binding, but I want to make sure that such a tool will generate sources
which can be easily used when XML is not there at all (like how Castor
generates sources).

BTW, is there any word on when/if Castor will have richer XML schema
support?

--jason