geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lennart Jorelid ...@jguru.se>
Subject Re: [jndi] Have we found a JNDI impl yet?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:24:18 GMT
Hello all,

It is a rather big simplification to assume that the JNDI ENC will be
static in runtime. I have worked with quite a number of applications
where stuff bas been (re-)bound in the JNDI after initialization.
However, I agree with Richard's general thought that the JNDI has a
relatively small amount of bound objects, compared to the norm for LDAP.

Using LDAP as the basis for JNDI seems idiotic - JNDI is trivial enough
and unspecified enough that one realizes it is not thought to be a
replacement for a database in a J2EE server. I say let's optimize JNDI
implementation for speed - but not assume read-only operation.

I vote for an in-memory HashMap, TreeMap or TreeNode implementation.

--
| Bästa hälsningar,      | Snail Mail:            |