geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Brooke <si...@jasmine.org.uk>
Subject Introduction and question re: JavaMail
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:39:32 GMT
Hi

This is firstly to say I've joined the list and to introduce myself. I've been
programming for twenty years and in Java for six years. My maybeupload
package <URL:http://www.weft.co.uk/library/maybeupload/> is used by Cocoon 2.

Secondly JavaMail. JavaMail (and the JAF on which it depends) are the two
remaining non-open-source packages on which my own toolkit
<URL:http://www.weft.co.uk/library/jacquard/> depends. I therefore have an
itch to scratch.

Does Geronimo plan to do a clean-room reimplementation of JavaMail? If so,
does it intend a plug-compatible clone of the JavaMail API or simply to build
equivalent functionality?

Either way I would like to be involved and offer my skills such as they are.

Cheers

Simon

	;; Friends don't send friends HTML formatted emails.