geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Hamblett <shambl...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [deployment][jsr77] Dependency code in AbstractStateManageable.
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:07:41 GMT
Greg,

	Thanks for clearing that up.  I should have know it was my confusion.  In
that case, if 77 is being applied to both Applications, and Server, should we
place a dividing line between the two?  Implement 77 for the Applications,
and extend it for the servers, so we can take advantage of the life cycle,
performance, etc that 77 has to offer, and add in Geronimo specific stuff in
the extended version, for managing plugins, and services.  By extending the
77 J2EEManagedObject Model and creating the GeronimoManagedObjectModel we
could use the existing spec for all, and add to it where needed to enhance
the management functionality of Geronimo.

Thanks,

Sean