geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: XMLBeans, a quick comment
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:45:25 GMT
On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 03:01:28PM +0100, James Strachan wrote:
> I'm just focussing right now on 1 use case - to find an XML binding
> tool to handle all the various J2ee schemas. Today the only solution
> that works is XMLBeans

There's a tool called Skaringa on sourceforge.  It serializes and
deserializes using reflection so it's designed for the case where
you've got existing Java classes that you need to map into XML.  I've
used it successfully on projects where I didn't control the xml schema
or the java classes but still needed to map one onto the other.  It
uses XSLT to map the java tree onto the XML tree so it's extremely
flexible.

http://skaringa.sf.net/

Lemme know if you're interested, I can help you get going.