geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Opacki <chris_opa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JSR-88] DDBean Implementation
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:37:37 GMT
> What zip file and temp file are you referring to?

I was thinking of writing the ejb-jar.xml to a temp
file and then loading the temp file into an xml
document object. I see that I can parse directly from
the inputstream, I will do that instead.

I have already coded some functionality to load an jar
file and find the ejb-jar.xml entry and load it into
in inputstream.

I didn't know about the castor generation. I will have
to read up on it. I have never used it. I have played
with JAXB a bit.

My experience with the xml-related APIs is limited so
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right
direction.

My initial thoughts were to use the DOM and load the
DDBeans rather than holding a reference to an xml
document. I was planning on one DDBean instance for
each tag, but I don't have to do it that way. I can
keep the reference to the xml document and parse data
from it when it is requested. I could try both and see
what performs better.

I did mean that I would create a generic DDBean
implementation. I don't really see a need to create
one implementation for each tag.