geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From br...@worden.org
Subject Re: [build] Only run tests if something changed?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:19:30 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:45:40 +0000 (GMT), Bruce Snyder wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Dain Sundstrom said:
>
> DS>Can we change the build system to by default only run the module
> unit
> DS>test if something changed in the module?
> DS>
> DS>When we get integration tests, I would like the default to by
> default
> DS>only run the integration if something changed in the domain being
> DS>tested, but that is for the future.
>
> This is a good argument, especially as more tests are added. Does
> anyone
> know how this can be accomplished in Maven?
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'
>
> The Castor Project
> http://www.castor.org/
>
> Apache Geronimo
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/geronimo.html

For unit tests, the boolean property maven.test.skip can be set to
skip the executing of tests.  However, the flag will not prevent the
compiling of tests.

To automate the process, a preGoal to test:test could be added that
sets the property depending on file changes.

For integration tests, assuming we would use cactus, there doesn't
appear to be anything analogous to maven.test.skip for the cactus
plugin.

Brent Worden
http://www.brent.worden.org/