geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject SVN? (was: geronimo-dev Digest 12 Aug 2003 21:59:40 -0000 Issue 39)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:11:57 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:59:40PM -0000, geronimo-dev-digest-help@incubator.apache.org wrote:
> From: Paul Hammant <Paul@ThoughtWorks.net>
> Subject: Re: SVN?
> To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:16:10 +0100
> We are using it inside of Thoughworks for an intranet (code and content
> management). It is ready for use for the brave, but not released.  It
> would be up to Apache's board to roll it out; not so much for Geronmio
> developers to choose it (I think). For others though I really recommend it.

The Board wouldn't want to answer that question. It is really up to the
individual projects to decide on what they want to use, and up to the
infrastructure team to decide what they want to support. At the moment, the
infrastructure guys have said, "we're supporting SVN. here it is." The real
question is if, in the future, they say "sorry. no more CVS. it is a bitch
to maintain. switch to SVN." Of course, that could prompt a board action to
back up the infrastructure team's decision :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/