geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Weston M. Price" <westo...@yahoo.com>
Subject New Deployment Verifier Project
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:09:18 GMT
Hello,
	Just wanted to get everyone's opinion regarding the removal of the Verifier
engine from Geronimo and creating a seperate Jakarta project focusing only on
the verification of J2EE based archives (app server independent). As as been
frequently discussed on this list, verification is not addressed directly by
the deployment specification and can very well exist as a seperate component
that can be used independently of a particular application server. Our
primary concern would be, of course, a rigorous evaluation of a J2EE archive
against a particular specification standard.
	This seperation would allow for a nice distinction between the
DeploymentManager (as dictated by the specification) and a module that could
provide enchanced services to J2EE developers and administrators.

Let me know what you guys think. If it's a go, we can all plan accordingly.

Regards,

Weston Price