geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Weston M. Price" <westo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: All Interested In J2EE Deployment/Verification Please Read
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:09:00 GMT
My thought was that there are going to be some basic services:

	Reading a deployable archive.
	Manipulating a deployable archive (verifiying and iterating over elements
etc)
	Reporting on failures, errors, warnings etc.

that should be common to both the DeploymentManager and the Verifier. We are
all operating on either an EAR (J2eeApplicationObject) or a WAR, RAR, JAR
(DeployableObject), my thought was that we would share the same notion of how
these objects are represented and implemented, or at least share code in
certain regards. What sense would it make for the DeploymentManager team to
write code to read an EAR, extract the relevant parts and manipulate the
archive and then have the Verification team do exactly the same thing? Is
there something that I am missing?

Regards,

Weston