geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Labeeb Syed <anhk...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: J2EE DeploymentManager ( was J2EE deployment verifier)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:49:09 GMT
The primary issue I am concerned with is J2EE
compliance. The Deploy component should be able to
delegate certain methods to the Verifier component
without a change in its own behavior. If we worry
about the deployment manager later, it will be a lot
more troublesome and cause some major confusion in
terms of behaviour and responsibilty of the various
methods. Do you guys think we can get by and address
such issues later on?
Secondly, there seems there will be an inherent
overlapping of responsibilities within the components.
I have run into such issues before and would like to
avoid it altogether if possible. Sometimes you end up
re-coding and re-designing the whole component. Also
in the future someone else might be going through the
code, it may make it more difficult to enhance, test
or debug the components. If we strictly adhere to the
spec, it will ensure better maintainability and
longevity. This my opinion in regards to the two
components.

=== message truncated ===