geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bodo Wippermann <b...@bodow.de>
Subject Re: [test] Junit test failed
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:29:53 GMT
On Tuesday 12 August 2003 22:08, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> > 1. org.apache.geronimo.deployment.scanner.WebDAVScannerTest
> >    you have to set up a WebServer with WebDAV enabled and be able
> > to access
> >    "http://localhost/testScan".
> >     after that the test is OK.
>
> This one is down to me.
>
> Does ASF have any mechanism for testing features that reply on specific
> infrastructure? Should we just separate them out and leave to individuals
> to test?
>
> This test needs a WebDAV server configured in a specific way to run. I can
> forsee other tests in the future that also need external resources e.g. a
> database mapping test for Oracle, a security client test for
> ActiveDirectory, ...

Since i'm not very familiar with ASF projects ( this is the first one i
joined), i do not know if there are mechanisms.

perhaps it's an idea to separate those test runs and to let testers decide
which tests they want to run ( and are able to ).
Or, before running the test , try to check if all preconditions are set.