geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Prashant Bhatt <prashant.bh...@india.sun.com>
Subject Re: J2EE security
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:15:16 GMT
I think the best way to go forward is to understand the projects current status.
Going forward we can really contibute as and when the list of contributers grows
up.

We need to look on following lines:

1) Specification: Understand the Specification properly. This will include both
the J2EE security issue and the stand-alone security issues. My experience with
J2EE security has not been good. I'am sorry to say that , but it's true that the
spec isn't smart on all these issues and is preety silent on the client
containers contract.

So let's understand the specification first. I shall go ahead and be
accountable.

2) Look at the current status. Security is a very distributed area (The whole
J2EE is..) . It's imperative for us to understand where the project currently
stand. Right now I see only webcontainer and verifier being talked about. Some
one has to make a sense out of all this.

Please take this  accountability and document the relationship with different
components.

3)UseCases: Try and make as many possible. This is most interesting.

I shall start by today evening and put something on the URL by this weekend for
the review.

best==>
prashant