geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gareth Bryan" <garethbr...@fastmail.fm>
Subject RE: JMX as a kernel (was: Re: geronimo and avalon?)
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:28:38 GMT

>On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 04:40:40 -0400, "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> said:
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>
> > we will eventually want to replace the JMX bus with a more
> > robust component system.
>
> The sense I am getting from the list is that there is a decent sized base
> of
> people who agree with you, and who see JMX as an interface TO a component
> system, not AS the component system.

I get that sense aswell, although personally, I haven't spoken up about
it before now because I wanted to take a look at the seed code. My
initial opinion is that I'd like to see some hard evidence for the
drawbacks for using JMX, putting it another way: I'm a +1 for JMX at the
moment.

Perhaps there are others like me who have not spoken up about this until
first look at the code?

Just a thought.

Regards,

Gareth