geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Weston M. Price" <westo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: J2EE deployment verifier
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:26:00 GMT
Yeah, I knew that term was going to come back at me, poor choice of words on
my part. I was basically thinking in terms of "rules" as conditions that need
to be satisfied to fulfill a deployment; not in terms of a full blown rules
engine (though this would be somewhat interesting). At the very core what you
really have is a set of conditions that when applied to a deployable unit
(EAR, WAR, SAR etc) must be met for the archive to be deployed. A verifier
exists as sort of a watchdog that prevents archives from violating a discreet
set of constraints.

Regards,

Weston