geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Weston M. Price" <westo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to dive in?
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 00:14:22 GMT
	I am sort of in the same boat as John. I have about 4 years of J2EE
experience primarily in the WebSphere/JBoss space and would really like to be
involved in this project as much as possible.
	I understand that it is a goal of Geronimo to integrate as many existing J2EE
components (OpenEJB, Castor, OpenJMS etc) as possible, so I guess the
question is how does one become active in the development efforts of a
particular piece of the puzzle that is already somewhat mature? Further, if
new development is required for something how are the responsibilities going
to be partitioned. I would assume someone is going to be in a "lead" type
position for each module (EJB container, JNDI etc), but beyond that, I am
really sort of curious as to how others could gravitate to an area of
development that is either particularly suited to their skillset, or
appealing to them due to a particular learning interest.

Regards,

Weston Price