geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Trutz <ch...@smilebase.org>
Subject Re: Q !
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:51:56 GMT
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 02:43:37PM +0530, veresh wrote:
> Team ,
>
> I want to ask why everyone wants to recreate the wheel ...
> Why one more J2EE container ....when there are plenty in the market ...
> Instead of developing a new one ... Why don't we contribute to a
> existing one and make it more better ...may be Jboss ....what are we
> going to get out of this ....

hey are you a JBoss guy? Everyone is free to implement what it wants ...
If somebody want to code JBoss is OK! But what about diversification?

Only one or two main OS implementations of J2EE specs is not oK

It could happen, that JBoss will be much better that Geronimo
(but i dont think so)! I think the Apache brand dont guarantee
100% success! Every software project must fight for the success
(Apache or not)!

Chris