geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Trutz <ch...@smilebase.org>
Subject Re: Project Goals
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:16:59 GMT
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:53:32AM +0200, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> Way to do it
> ============
> Using Maven as developement process tool
1+

> Full Unit Testing coverage (JUnit)
1+

> Geronimo is JMX based vs Geronimo has a JMX interface
> (?)
>   Solution proposed:
>     * JMX core of the modular J2EE stack (initial
> contributors approch to stay focused)
>     * Avalon core of the modular J2EE stack
>     * HiveMind core of the modular J2EE stack
>     * Home grown Micro kernel core of the modular J2EE
> stack
>     * EJB central piece of Geronimo ??
i think the best solution is: begin from scratch! i mean
ideas (patterns) like IoC (Avalon) should be implemented
but the kernel should not depend on other piece of
software. I mean the kernel of course use things like
Digester and so on but it should not BE another
piece of software.
 i think the problem is: if for exemple Avalon changed,
the geronimo kernel changed automaticaly or is a branch
of avalon, a avalon-geronimo-branch.

I am a fan of Avalon! But i think geronimo should be a
alternative to avalon! I think geronimo will be the
big brother of avalon, but also a alternative!