geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] change Reply-To to go to geronimo-dev
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:21:43 GMT
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 06:21:01PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> With the Reply-To set to the list, you don't have to remember to reply
> to all to get it to the list.
>
> Please vote.
>
> +1 from me

-1

I'm not a fan of reply-to munging. I've seen it do bad things, and I've seen
people accidentally send sensitive, personal info to a list when they meant
to send it to an individual. The "failure mode" of a lack of Reply-To is
much better ("oops, didn't go to the list") than the failure mode of having
it ("oops, I just sent that personal slam to the whole world").

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/