geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Arghhh...Build Error...still
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:45:10 GMT
Generally this error means that there is a difference in the class
format.

Java <1.3 used major.minor 47.0 (IIRC)
Java 1.4+ uses major 48.0

It means that the sources have been compiled with -target 1.4 (probably
default on how maven is set up) and you're running it under a 1.3
system.

OS X can have either 1.3 or 1.4 on it (defaults to coming with 1.3, but
1.4 can be installed and run as well). I'd check that it's really
running the right flavour of Java; do a java -version (or check
$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version) to really see if Maven's running with a
1.4 or 1.3 system.

Alex.