geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: New Deployment Verifier Project
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:15:42 GMT
>> Hello,
>> 	Just wanted to get everyone's opinion regarding the removal of the
>> Verifier
>> engine from Geronimo and creating a seperate Jakarta project focusing
>> only on
>> the verification of J2EE based archives (app server independent).
>
> -1.
>
> IMHO it should just be another module (Maven project) inside Geronimo
> - part of the same community but usable by itself. Geronimo should be
> useable as a whole J2EE stack or the parts should be useable by
> themselves too.

-1

Agreed.  This should go into Geronimo.  Perhaps at a *much* later date
if there is a better place for it to live we can evaluate it then.

> We can still keep things modular & manage dependencies nicely within
> the Geronimo project - we've already got a modular build. So Verifier
> would have its own Maven build. e.g.
>
> geronimo/
> 	modules/
> 		verifier/
> 			src/
> 				java/
> 				test/
>
> etc.
>
> We've already 3 modules in CVS to give you the idea.

A minor note, that the package for this module should be
org.apache.geronimo.verifier, I should update the standards page with
this... but still have like 80 more emails to dig through ;-)

--jason